Head of Programmes
Bangui, Central African Republic
As Head of Programmes, you will support the Country Director in developing and managing the impact oriented Welthungerhilfe (WHH) country programme in Central African Republic and contribute to its implementation and monitoring in order to maximise WHH’s impact. In doing so, you take into consideration the overall WHH strategy and quality standards and will represent WHH in the country in agreement with the Country Director. You will also supervise a team of various thematic experts and assure technical supervision of the Head of Projects.
- Monitor the implementation of programmes and projects according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards, including the setup of an effective and participatory M&E system
- Identify, examine and assess (pre-select) new project ideas on the basis of the intervention strategy, the concept papers and the orientation framework of the Country Programme
- Ensure the projects meet Core Humanitarian Standards for accountability and quality
- Ensure consideration of feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies of the projects
- Coach, mentor and assist the Heads of Projects to develop accurate budget forecasts
- Participate in the recruitment and training of team members
- Monitor the humanitarian situation in-country and the evolution of possible crises through early warning indicators
- Technical supervision of the work of the thematic experts and Heads of projects
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis other national and international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organizations
- A university or polytechnic degree in humanitarian/development studies or an equivalent degree related to the position
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working and leadership experience within an INGO (regional working experience would be an asset)
- Proven experience in emergency assessment and response
- EU, WFP, FAO donor experience would be an asset
- Good knowledge of planning and survey methods (incl. M&E)
- Proven reporting and organizational skills, with proficiency in writing for different audiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate team members
- Ability to work in an insecure environment and commit to strict security regulations
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; ability to communicate in German would be an advantage
Don’t forget to mention when applying.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.