Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer Job Brief
We have a vacancy of Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer in our company, Trant Engineering. This vacancy is based in Southampton. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer Job
Company: Trant Engineering
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Southampton
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-31
Posted on: https://vacanciesineu.com
Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer Job Detail
Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
Southampton, United Kingdom
GRADUATE MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER – Southampton
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi discipline Engineering & Construction business, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Water & Process, International and Control & Automation. We have over 700 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £140m this year, it is an excellent time to join the business.
We are currently recruiting for Graduate Mechanical Design Engineers to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on projects in the Water, Oil & Gas, Nuclear and Civils/Construction sectors. As a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer, will be reporting to a Project Manager and responsible for supporting all technical and commercial aspects of Mechanical engineering on site. Candidates will be qualified in Mechanical Engineering but will ideally have a good appreciation of all professions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working as part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible for the production design deliverables for water, wastewater and bio solids treatment plants
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of mechanical design from site surveys of existing assets, optioneering, feasibility studies, detailed design and tender pricing
- Production of procurement specifications for mechanical equipment; hydraulic calculations and production of detailed design construction drawings
- Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams. Liaising with clients and subcontractors
The Trant Graduate Scheme is offered to all Graduates joining the business. This a period of training and development over 24 months, where you are assigned a mentor to carry out basic training associated with your discipline to enable you move from a Graduate Engineer, to a Junior Engineer to a fully competent Engineer.
After completing the induction, you will join your engineering teams (being guided by your mentor) and will become competent in carrying out engineering tasks. At 12 months, you will have commenced working on your professional review Initial Professional Development (IPD) and will be actively engaged in the Professional Forum. At this time you should be ready to work independently as a Junior Engineer and by 24 months you should be classified as an Engineer and likely to be mentoring your own first year Graduate.
- BEng (Hons) or MEng Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge and awareness of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality
- Competent in Microsoft Office and CAD packages
- Full driving licence
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors. Benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Support and encouragement to obtain professional qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age
- Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://vacanciesineu.com/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.