Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Content Production and Communications Senior Officer in London, UK or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide.
This role would suit a comms professional with junior experience of a busy communications role, who is ready to face the challenge of a more global and even more fast-paced job. You should have strong project management skills, love working with spreadsheets and organising things, but also have a creative mind and love writing and creating simple assets. There is a great opportunity to learn and develop on the job, working with a brilliant team of creative experts.
As a global movement Save the Children has exceptionally ambitious advocacy, supporter growth, fundraising and programme delivery targets designed to maximise the positive impact that we can have for children across the world.
Powerful and engaging content is critical to achieving this ambition, whether across fundraising targets, when lobbying for political change, or raising brand and media profile. We are looking to transform the way we tell stories, creating memorable interactions with supports through high quality, emotional, authentic global creative content.
This role will help the team to ethically gather content to produce outstanding materials and stories for use across all our members. As the Global Content Production and Communications Senior Officer, you will be proactive in helping find and share information about Save the Children’s work.
There is a mix of creative tasks – which include writing the weekly newsletter, joining creative brainstorms and getting involved in editing written content – and project management and administrative tasks which sees you providing essential support for the production of sector-leading global content.
You will run the production schedule for the team, keeping across freelancer availability, producer workloads and asset development lists. You’ll support with hiring freelancers and research facts, statistics and cost examples.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile, to help deliver content in partnership with the Global Media Unit and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Enjoy working in a high paced environment with multiple projects and priorities, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Passion for film, photography and storytelling.
- 1-2 years minimum experience of working in content / fundraising / communications
- Knowledge and strong skills in managing production schedules and working with a range of content creators.
- Able to work independently and be able to take own initiative where required.
- Experience of managing freelancers to edit film and photo content
- Diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills, and experience of writing up interviews / case for support documents.
- Strong attention to detail and brilliant organisational skills.
- Fluency in English
- A commitment and passion to work within an NGO environment
- Commitment to the best practice in ethical and production values for content gathering – constantly seeking to improve standards to ensure Save the Children leads the way for the industry.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of work.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s child protection policy.
- Experience of working for an international NGO or in international development context
- Knowledge of digital, fundraising, marketing products and channels.
- In-depth understanding of different types of content and uses
- Experience of email mailing manager such as MailChimp
- Experience in using InDesign to design infographics and photo-shop for imagery.
- Experience of online archiving systems for photos and film.
- Passion for following market trends across NGO, media, corporate, consumer sectors – sharing inspiring ideas.
- Good working knowledge of at least one foreign languages (in particular Arabic, French, Spanish)
We can offer circa £36,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work vacanciesineu.com Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A full copy of the role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.