A new era begins at the London Hilton on Park Lane.
Located in the heart of Mayfair, London Hilton on Park Lane was the first Hilton to open within the UK and is close to all that London has to offer. Soaring high above Park Lane, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five-star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites and a Presidential Suite, there is something for all.
2023 is the hotel’s 60th anniversary year and will see further exciting renovations. These include the refurbishment of the higher-floor, Executive rooms and suites and a re-development of the lobby level, including a brand new restaurant and bar.
In April 2022 we completed the refurbishment of the Grand Ballroom, the Wellington Ballroom and the Harvest Suite, suitable for the most glamorous of events, accommodating from 160 to 1200 guests. In addition, the hotel features 16 meeting rooms.
Here at London Hilton on Park Lane, we create heartfelt experiences for all our Guests and meaningful opportunities for all our Team Members. This has led to Hilton being consistently recognised as “Great Places to Work.”
- 28 days paid holiday increasing with service
- Exclusive perks through our online discount portal
- Access to leadership and development programmes through Hilton University
- Exceptional Career opportunities
- Industry-leading Team Member discounts on hotel stays for you, your family and friends
- Wellbeing programmes to help you Thrive in the workplace
- Reward programmes, incentives and team member recognition, as well as long service awards
- 50% off in Hilton restaurants and bars (subject to individual outlets)
- Recommend a Friend incentive
- Uniforms provided and laundered complimentary
- Recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Free meals on shift
A Front Office Manager ensures that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
What will I be doing?
As Front Office Manager, you will manage the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. A Front Office Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
- Evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognised and that the Front Office department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand’s loyalty scheme
- Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Setting departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
- Conduct monthly communication meetings, and produce minutes
- Staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruiting, managing, training and developing the Front Office team
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
What are we looking for?
Front Office Managers serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous Management experience in Front Office within the hotel/leisure/retail
- High level of IT proficiency
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes the Stay.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels – Hilton Brands vacanciesineu.com Global Hospitality Company
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.