The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM)
Finance Manager – Education Job Brief
We have a vacancy of Finance Manager – Education in our company, The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM). This vacancy is based in Guildford. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Finance Manager – Education Job
Company: The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM)
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Guildford
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-03
Posted on: https://vacanciesineu.com
Finance Manager – Education Job Detail
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider with students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services and Business. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfill their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
This Finance Department looks after eight statutory entities, which includes an education company, which is registered with the Office for Students; a theatre and a recording studio. The range of work covered by the department is broad and covers all elements of finance as well as company secretarial duties, contracts and insurance.
Following a restructure within the department, there are 2 new exciting Finance Manager roles now available within the team. Both roles will report directly to the Head of Finance but will also work closely with the Group Financial Controller. One Finance Manager will primarily focus on the Education part of the business; whilst the other Finance Manager will primarily focus on the recording studio, theatre and head office companies.
This is an exciting time to join a group that is going through a significant period of change as it continues to grow and diversify. As a result, the work will be very varied and hands on. The finance team work closely with the business to ensure full understanding of the ever-changing landscape to enable relevant and reliable forecasting and scenario modelling to support business decision making.
- Monthly reporting and variance analysis for the Education entity, including P&L, cashflow and balance sheet reconciliations
- Development of a monthly scorecard showing KPIs against budget
- Annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts for the OfS registered entity
- Preparation of OfS annual return and commentary
- Preparation of year end audit schedules and liaison with the auditors
- Accounting and monitoring of grant expenditure
- Working closely with the Student Fees Manager on revenue and credit control
- Reviewing contracts relating to the Education entity
- Reviewing monthly payroll for Education entity
- VAT reporting
- Development and documentation of internal financial controls, systems and processes
- Support the Head of Finance and Group Financial Controller with ad hoc tasks as required.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Strong technical and analytical accounting skills.
- Education experience (desirable but not essential)
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to produce accurate work and consistently deliver to reporting deadlines.
- Good team player.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with internal and external contracts at all levels with confidence.
- Motivated by a changing, growing environment.
The salary offered for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience in a similar role. Please state on your application form your current salary and salary expectation.
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
ACM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All Applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
ACM reserves the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://vacanciesineu.com/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.