Job Number 23073000
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, 1 Festival Square, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
The five star Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa, Edinburgh is looking for a Finance Assistant to join the team.
This is a permanent full time position based on property as part of a great team
What you’ll be doing
· Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger
· Revenue Controls
· Accounts Payable / Commissions
· General Cashiering
· Assist with period end processing, reporting and reconciliations
· Working closely with Finance Manager and our Heads of Department to provide on-going support.
· Serve as a departmental role model and mentor, be a team ambassador
· Coordinate, assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and to the required standard
· Ensure company policies are adhered to at all times
· Perform other reasonable job duties as by management.
· Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy and proper codes
· Organise, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and keys and in accordance with policies and procedures
· Maintain accurate records for financial and accounting data.
· Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
· Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
· Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
· Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures.
· Coordinate activities of the team, ensuring deadlines are met
· Communicate any issues or challenges to team leader
· Represent team in absence of team leader
If you want to take your finance career to another level, this may be the role you are looking for.
Discover the limitless development opportunities that exist within Marriott.
What we are looking for…
· Experience in a finance role and/or qualifications (or part qualifications) in finance.
· Experience working in hotels would also give you an advantage (although not essential)
· Experience in leading a team is desirable however not essential.
So why work for the world’s largest hospitality company?
• A competitive salary plus free meals whilst on duty.
• 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata) after further service
• Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates plus a free overnight stay with Spa access (for you and a plus 1) on the night of your induction
• 50% off all F&B outlets within the hotel and 20% F&B discount in other Marriott hotels!
• Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our Marriott Benefit Hub
• 50% off Spa Treatments and £50 gym membership within our One Spa!
• 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
• Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world plus opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
• Many more benefits however most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.