Finance Assistant Job Brief
We have a vacancy of Finance Assistant in our company, PHS Group. This vacancy is based in Caerphilly CF83. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Finance Assistant Job
Company: PHS Group
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Caerphilly CF83
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-31
Posted on: https://vacanciesineu.com
Finance Assistant Job Detail
Starting out in your Finance Career? Experienced with Excel?
Good starting salary and excellent benefits
Great hours Monday to Friday, no evening or weekend work
Full Time position, office-based (maternity cover until 2024)
Do you have experience in Accounts or Finance? Have you worked in roles involving Reconciliation, BACS, Credit Card management, or Payroll / Payment runs? If so, and you’re looking for a career in a finance setting with an established, market leading company we would love to hear from you. This is your chance to join our friendly, supportive team here at phs Group.
Now in our 60th year, phs Group are an established, successful company that continues to grow. You will be joining as an integral part of our Finance Team, where your work will be valued and as you develop you will be supported by our friendly, experienced team. It’s a busy and diverse role so you’ll need to be organised and enjoy working in a fast-paced business. Experience is preferred, but equally if you’ve the right positive attitude and skills you will be supported here if you’re new to finance.
Your role as Finance Assistant at phs Group will involve:
- Assisting the Finance Manager and Assistant Accountant with the preparation of management accounts, taking ownership of areas such as accruals and prepayments
- Taking ownership of cashbooks and bank accounts, including setting up payments, posting cash payments and reconciling the bank accounts
- Sending payrolls, payment runs and BACs files for the Sales Ledger team
- Credit Card management / reconciliations
- Working to tight period-end timeframes and ensuring stakeholders follow the correct processes
The ideal candidate for a Finance Assistant:
- Good experience in a similar role in Finance and Accounts would be beneficial
- A high attention to detail
- Excellent numeric, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft packages, especially Excel (look-ups, pivot tables)
- The ability to effectively prioritise in a busy environment to meet deadlines
- AAT level 2/3 would be advantageous, and support is offered if part qualified
In return for your commitment and expertise:
- A good starting salary in a full-time position (maternity cover)
- No weekend or evening working – great hours Monday to Friday (36.25 hours a week)
- You’ll be in Head Office with excellent opportunities to develop your career here
- Training opportunities to expand your skills. We offer accredited ILM training through external and in-house training
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (31 days in total)
- Buy / Sell holiday scheme
- Amazing employee discounts with major supermarkets and retailers with phsPerks.com
- Free Parking onsite so no parking costs
- Community day off to work for a local community or charity
- Other benefits such as improved parental and paternity leave, a 24-hour wellbeing helpline, cycle to work scheme, pension scheme, life assurance and more…
If you’re looking for a career with a successful company, and have excellent numerical skills, we want to speak with you! Apply now.
phs Group was founded in 1963 and we are the leading provider for Hygiene Services in the UK, Spain and Ireland. We have over 120,000 customers across 300,000 locations incorporating numerous businesses during our 60 years of business.
Our businesses include: Washrooms, Healthcare, Floorcare, phs Direct and Direct 365, phs Greenleaf, Teacrate, Besafe, Wastekit and Compliance.
At phs, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://vacanciesineu.com/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.