The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all Secretarial Entities, Peacekeeping and Special Political missions, Agencies, Funds and Programmes of the UN system worldwide.
This position is located in the Campus Support Unit (CSU), of the Central Service at the United Nations Global Service Centre, Brindisi, Italy.
The Facilities Management Assistant is under the general supervision of the Facilities Management Officer.
Within delegated authority, the Facilities Management Assistant will carry out the following duties:
- Evaluates the functional needs of requesting departments in terms of space and equipment.
- Audits the existing and the proposed work place assigned to requesting departments in order to evaluate the appropriateness of the request.
- Determines appropriate space allocation required in order to meet the requests of the requesting department in terms of meeting room, workstations, equipment, mail room, copier room.
- Prepares space layouts showing arrangement of rooms and equipment.
- Prepares presentation of proposals for efficient space distribution to the department and the executive office for approval.
- Coordinates office moves: sets up moving schedules, issues moving work-orders, informs security, transportation and elevator services of these moves.
- Prepares and issues work orders and blueprints including appropriate technical data for shops and follows up on the development of the work until completion.
- Drafts requests for Shopping Carts/Purchase Orders for the acquisition of materials or services.;
- Coordinates construction projects and liaises with shops or contractors and operation section, identifying construction problems and providing solutions.
- Reviews contractors’ invoices and assists with cost recovery as required. Processes the payment of contractor’s invoices including the Service Entry Sheets and monitors payments.
- Surveys areas to be developed: location of partitions, telephones, electrical and LAN outlets, and finalizes proposals for implementation of work.
- Coordinates, monitors and supervises work performed by contractors to ensure adherence to work schedule and guidelines. i.e.: maintenance of fire suppression and fire alarm systems, elevators, grounding system/lightning systems and electrical transformer cabins, workshop equipment, electromechanical doors, DUPS (three diesel rotary uninterruptible power supply systems.
- Supervises the commissioning of the work and testing of any new systems, if necessary, in coordination with Safety & Security.
- Ensures the submittal of complete shop drawings and operation manuals when necessary.
- Drafts and prepares LVAs (Low Value Acquisition) and consequently performs the Technical Evaluation for the evaluation of bids, including find/creation of PIDs on the UMOJA MMD;
- Maintains and updates plans and drawings used as reference information by the unit.
- Responsible for the creation of new PIDs of the acquisition of new items/material for Campus Support Section;
- Ensures that projects meet safety and security standards by reviewing them with designated Safety and Security officials.
- Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Job – Specific Qualification
Certification in Project Management is desirable.
Certification in Power BI is desirable.
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in facilities management, building management, engineering, architecture, administrative services or related area is required.
A minimum of one (1) year drafting and maintaining project management documents or work scopes is desirable.
Experience in project scheduling is desirable.
How to apply