NCT Consultants (previously known as IB Consultancy) is looking for a dynamic eventsmanager to manage the organization of the global NCT event series. https://nct-events.com/
NCT Consultants is an independent defense and security company dedicated to making this world a safer and more secure place. To achieve this we provide rapid, innovative defense and security services to government, trade & industry. We connect businesses, governments and NGOs from different continents in our common goal to make this world a safer and more secure place.
NCT Consultants organizes the NCT (Non-Conventional Threat) events, which are organized in 5 different regions (SE Asia and Asia-Pacific, Europe, USA, South America and Middle East). The NCT events are the global market leader in conferences and exhibitions in the field of CBRNe (Chemical, Biological and Radiological and Nuclear) and eXplosive (EOD and demining).
You will be working within an international team of talented program producers and skilledconsultants at our office in Leiden (between Amsterdam and The Hague) in The Netherlands. NCT Consultants has an informal and flat organizational structure. Do not expect us to take you by the hand and tell you what to do. If you ask for help, you will get it, but it is your responsibility to deliver what you promised to produce!
The Events Manager has the overall responsibility for two main areas: Event Logistics and Event Project Management.
You are responsible to manage the logistical aspects of events and the practical day-to-day operational management of the events. As the conference manager of our NCT events, your task is to deliver amazingNCT events to our customers and partners. We measure success by customer satisfaction and profitability, and by delivering events that add to our reputation as the best CBRNe conference organizer.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the Events Manager are the following (the list is not exhaustive):
- Project management for all NCT events and integral management of all aspects of the event byworking with the program producers, finance, marketing and sales and other team members who have a role in successfully delivering an amazing NCT event
- Negotiating deals with suppliers for the events (Hotels, booth companies, catering…)
- Budgeting and financial reconciliation for each event. Keeping track of invoicing and payments with suppliers
- Internal logistical arrangements of conference material, such as ensuring supplies, transportation to the event site, etc.
- Onsite management of registration, logistical arrangements with the venue and suppliers and onsite POC for all participants of an event
Position within the organization
NCT Consultants is a small organization with three main pillars: Sales, led by the sales manager, Programs and Consultancy led by the Director Governmental Affairs, Trainingsled by the NCT PRO Manager, Marketing and Communication led by the Marketing manager and Events led by the Events Manager. These pillars (kind of departments) report to the management team.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about events management, project managementand the field of defense and security. Qualities that are absolutely necessary are good time management and excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure. Working at NCT Consultants takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision. Please note that the position requires traveling multiple times per year, and that NCTis a company where you are expected to deliver results, not just make your hours. In the beginning and around events, you may need more than the minimum of 40 hours a week to be able to succeed.
- Working permit to work in the Netherlands or an EU citizenship (NCT will not apply for a working permit to fulfill this position)
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience in event organization
- Degree in a relevant field (International Relations, Event Management, Communications, etc.)preferably at a Master level
- Excellent proficiency of the English language (C1 or C2 level), and the ability to speak at least one other language;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of, and experience in project management;
- Excellent organizational skills and practical attitude;
- Strong analytical skills, a curious mind and being creative at the same time (out of the box thinking);
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages;
- Have a good understanding of international matters and ability to work effectively in multicultural environments;
- No criminal record that could result in refusal of a security clearance (Restricted level).
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following languages: French, Arabic, Korean,Spanish
- Affinity with defense and security and more specifically with CBRN and EOD
- Experience in working in Asia and/or the Middle East
The successful candidate will receive a one-year contract with a salary based on qualifications. When both parties are happy at the end of the year, the contract will be renewed. NCT Consultants offers an open holiday policy. You will be equipped with an iPhone (including unlimited private calling) and a Macbook.
NCT Consultants pays a fixed salary in which ‘overtime’ is included (and is not separately compensated).The salary offer will be based on qualifications and experience and will be in the range of EUR 2800 and EUR 3500 gross per month.
Interested candidates should send an e-mail, ref. ‘Conference Manager’, with their full CV (including relevant activities, papers, travel and picture) and a short motivation letter to [email protected] The vacancy will close once the most appropriate candidate is found. Starting date is as soon as possible. For more information about NCT Consultants (former IB Consultancy) please visit https://nctconsultants.com/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.