Must & Partners
MUST & Partners is a public affairs boutique based in Brussels. We bridge the international business community and public administrations with the EU institutions, Brussels-based opinion leaders, trade associations, political entities and social partners.
Headquartered at the heart of Brussels’ European district, MUST works with several partners and external advisers. Coming from both the public and private sectors, we rely on a strong background in the field of political communication and EU affairs.
The position will provide the opportunity to work collaboratively with the Policy team.
The Policy Advisor will support the clients in the effective implementation of advocacy strategies, in the monitoring of relevant public debates, engaging with EU stakeholders and drafting regulatory inputs. This vacancy is for applicants with at least one year of previous experience in EU public affairs.
- Monitoring European policy-making process, formal and informal channels.
- Following debates in the main European institutions, attending and report on conferences, seminars, hearings.
- Developing a tailored and strategic approach to engagement with the leading European interlocutors underpinned by a sound understanding of the political landscape.
- Developing working plans, position papers and briefings.
- Establishing, building, and maintaining relationships to support strategies both with the European interlocutors both with the private representatives.
- Engaging with key stakeholders (institutions, associations, alliances, private sector) to deliver a series of roundtable events and bi-laterals. This includes coordination of briefings to the stakeholders, scheduling meetings, setting the agenda, drafting minutes, and communicating progress.
- Conducting targeted research and analysis to underpin the dialogues on the topics of interest.
- Following daily news.
- Italian and English C1 proficiency as a minimum. Other European languages are a plus.
- 1+ years in a policy or strategy consulting firm or equivalent environment.
- Solid knowledge of the European institutions and the European decision-making process.
- Creative, versatile, high energy, interpersonal skills, initiative and discipline.
- Well versed in usual editing softwares (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to work independently as well as being part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills with commitment to meet deadlines.
- Sharp attention to detail when proofreading or fact-checking.
- Education/Experience: MA, MSc or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
Probationary period: 3 months.
Availability: as soon as possible.
Venue: Avenue des Arts, 50 – 1000 Brussels – Belgium.
The remuneration and benefits package will reflect the successful candidate’s experience.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]. A two steps interview will follow up for selected applications.
Do not forget to mention that you found this job ad on the Euractiv Jobsite!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.