UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
Working in the UNICEF Brussels Office, the intern would have the opportunity to learn about UNICEF’s work for children and support the office in its partnership with the EU institutions. Under the supervision of the Partnership Manager, the intern will support the development section of the UNICEF Brussels Office in partnership development and resource mobilization.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future
How can you make a difference?
- Monitor review process of the MFF/NDICI and identify opportunities for UNICEF advocacy in relation to development funding, in collaboration with other UN agencies and CSOs
- Support strategic engagement and partnership development with DG INTPA in thematic priority areas, incl. health & nutrition, education, climate and child protection. In this context, support the organization of joint EU-UNICEF meetings, webinars and InfoPoint sessions.
- Support capacity building activities for UNICEF country offices, incl. the organization of webinars and preparation of guidance materials.
- Support the preparation of high-level meetings and events in Brussels.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree programme in human rights, political science, international development, humanitarian aid or related field or have graduated within the past two years.
- Genuine interest in and basic knowledge of children’s rights; understanding of UNICEF’s mandate is a must;
- Familiarity with the functioning of the EU Institutions; previous working or research experience related to the European Institutions is a strong asset;
- Proven ability to synthesize information and communicate it simply and effectively; strong writing, research and analytical skills;
- Ability to operate in a diplomatic environment, using tact and judgement. Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment;
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Knowledge of French and/or another EU language an asset;
- Knowledge of office computer systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet research.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.