Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Frankfurt am Main
Job Code: 121
Job Offer from September 06, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research in Frankfurt am Main is looking for an engineer (m/f/d) or technical assistant (m/f/d) in in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biophysics. The position is on an initial, fixed-term contract for two years, with the possibility for extension to a permanent contract.
- Support and maintenance of LC-MS instruments, routine performance monitoring (calibration, QC measurements), instrument trouble shooting and cleaning
- Development of MS-based methods for scientific projects and acquisition, evaluation and analysis of data (shotgun proteomics (DDA, DIA), PTM/Phosphoproteomics, low-input proteomics, Top-down analyses, Metabolomics, HDX-MS, MS Imaging)
- Routine service measurements (e.g. gel band analyses, protein identification)
- Completed university education as Engineer (m/f/d) or Master/Diploma in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biophysics or equivalent technical qualification, ideally with work experience
- Experience using mass spectrometers and HPLC systems
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English for evaluation and presentation of scientific data and for exchange with our international colleagues.
- Open-minded and motivated personality with a focus on teamplay
- Ability to work accurately and independently as well as excellent communication skills
- Training on state-of-the art instruments and in analytical techniques (Proteomics, Interactomics, Proteome turnover, phosphoproteomics, HDX-MS, crosslinking)
- Working on interesting and diverse projects in an international lab and research environment:
- A friendly working atmosphere with outstanding, state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Position with payment according to German TVöD (Collective Wage Agreement for Government Service Workers – Federal Government) with all benefits of the public service
- A corporate pension plan
- Extensive scientific and personal training programs as well as scientific exchange on workshops and conferences
- Family service (in-house baby and kids room, on-campus child day care center)
- Corporate health management (e.g. sports courses)
- Cafeteria and Bistro in the institute
- Support for the Deutschland-Job-Ticket
The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The compatibility of work and family is very important to us; we offer the possibility of childcare in the kindergarten Kairos close to our institute. For more information, please visit our website: www.brain.mpg.de .
Please send your full application, including a letter of motivation explaining how your qualifications and experience make you a good candidate for this job, together with a full CV, reference letters (if available) and related certificates electronically as a single pdf file by October 31st 2023 to our Recruiting Platform .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.