Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 36 member bodies — the national insurance associations — it represents all types and sizes of insurance and reinsurance undertakings. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers pay out almost €1 000bn annually — or €2.7bn a day — in claims, directly employ nearly 920 000 people and invest over €10.6trn in the economy.
For our Economics and Finance department, we are looking for a: Economics and finance intern
In this role, you will support Insurance Europe’s economics and finance department in the area of prudential regulation (ie Solvency II) and international affairs:
- Support the preparation of Working Group meetings by drafting supporting documents and presentations, as well as follow-up of actions;
- Contribute to the understanding of issues (eg actuarial, risk management related issues) and draft memos when required;
- Perform research on ad-hoc issues and maintaining files up-to-date;
- The intern will be considered as part of the team and given responsibilities up to his/her abilities;
- Other day-to-day duties as assigned under the supervision by the head of department.
- University studies in economics, actuarial sciences and/or risk management;
- Very good analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback;
- Active listener, skilled and efficient communicator;
- Able to work independently and in a team;
- Excellent drafting skills.
This internship provides a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a stimulating international environment. You will have the possibility to participate in projects that will influence the European insurance industry over the coming years. Paid internship for a period six months.
Please address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue du Champ de Mars 23, B 1050 Brussels for the attention of Koen Ameye (e-mail: [email protected]).
Insurance Europe is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforc
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.