The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all Secretarial Entities, Peacekeeping and Special Political missions, Agencies, Funds and Programmes of the UN system worldwide.
This position is located in the Campus Support Unit (CSU), of the Central Service at the United Nations Global Service Centre, Brindisi, Italy.
This position is under the general supervision of the Facilities Management Officer.
Within limits of delegated authority, the Documents Management Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assists in the overall planning and scheduling of all pre-session documents for UNGSC.
- Evaluates all pre-session documents submitted for processing, in order to verify legislative mandates, ensures compliance with submission dates, page-limitation, and in accordance with relevant policies, guidelines, rules and regulations on control and limitation of documentation.
- Collect, code, record, store and distribute documents in line with organizational document retention policies and guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains a computerized database in order to monitor and follow up submission of documents by electronically generated reminders, to provide author departments and committee secretaries with updated information, to compile statistics on compliance as required, and to provide necessary information for forecast of documentation.
- Independently responds to queries from author departments and all processing units.
- Responsible for drafting and tracking Campus Support/Registry Budget to ensure that the financial, operational and capital plans that were developed and approved for implementation as part of the budget processes are being implemented accordingly;
- Supervises and coordinates with contractors and colleagues to ensure that quality of services performed is in accordance with set terms and conditions, codes and standards, health and safety regulations and objectives. Maintains, updates and improves relevant contractual records ensuring data coherency by using ad-hoc software.
- Trains and supervises new staff as appropriate.
- Carries out other tasks requested by the Chief.
- Performs general office management functions as required.
High school diploma or equivalent.
A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in, documentation processing, contract management, support services management or related area is required.
A minimum of one (1) year of experience in applying document retention policies in an international organization is desirable.
How to apply