“Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told”
Job Title: Director of Safety and Security
Inspired and Supported by: Hotel Manager
Your purpose will be:
Accountable for ensuring the safety and security of all guests and colleagues at all times, by developing a proactive safety and security conscious culture throughout the hotel
You will be accountable for:
· Ensure the safety and security of our guests, employees, assets and facilities through proactive risk management and by conducting regular patrols.
· Lead a team of security officers via strong performance management.
· Ensure all incidents are documented as required by internal guidelines.
· Actively participate in the design and execution of the Crisis Management Program.
· Ensures all expenses (labour and operations) are controlled to achieve maximum profitability.
· Facilitate departmental training programs on security standards, first aid coverage.
· Carry out all security and fire awareness training.
· Conduct monthly key audits and safety audits as requested.
· Render First-Aid to guests and employees as required by internal guidelines.
· Monthly inventory management and ordering of all first aid supplies for the hotel and maintaining the first aid room.
· Follow up with Department Heads to ensure that medical documentation and physical ability forms have been requested and that Return to Work Programs based on the medical have been initiated.
· Coordinate all first aid, AED, and fire response.
· Perform health, safety & loss prevention projects as assigned.
· Ownership of the Health & Safety Committee, with specific involvement in maintaining a safe work environment, by ensuring the completion of incident investigations and workplace inspections.
· Actively participate in The Savoy’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
· Review monthly departmental health & safety audits and follow-up accordingly.
· Liaise with London Fire Brigade Inspecting Officers on visits.
· Liaise with Police and Security Services when required.
· Proactive management of third party contracts ensuring delivery of service level agreements, and commercial value.
· Work in partnership with Accor corporate team, leveraging benefits of the group wherever possible.
· To carry out additional tasks as instructed and by reasonable request from the leadership team.
· Adhere to all Savoy policies and procedures as outlined by the hotel.
· Be an active colleague of the Savoy team in our mission of “Turning Moments into Memories” for our guests.
What you will need to do in this role?
· 3-5 years’ experience as a Head of Security of Director of Security in a 5* hotel or equivalent environment
· Proactive approach to managing security and health and safety risk across the hotel.
· The gravitas to inspire trust and confidence in their leadership of this key department.
· Strong leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills
· Sound judgement and decision making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents
· Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
· Proven organization skills, works well on under their own initiative. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
· Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
· Basic IT skills with a working knowledge of the range of MS Office packages and knowledge of electronic security systems.
· Knowledge of Health & Safety and Fire Legislation.
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi-skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
What’s in it for you?
· Being part of The Savoy family – our culture is unique!
· We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
· You will benefit from training and development opportunities
· We have regular social events
· Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
· Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
· 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
· Colleague restaurant
· Colleague gym facility
· Employee assistance program
· Cycle-to-work scheme
· Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
· And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.