Defensive Security Analyst Job Description
SpecterOps is looking for candidates to support Security Operations at a SpecterOps customer site working directly with client personnel and systems. Candidates will independently support the client engineering, managing, and monitoring Security Operations Center (SOC) systems. A successful candidate will have excellent technical skills focused in the security operations space, impeccable soft skills, and be a well-organized, self-directed individual with familiarity working for a service-based information security organization.
Salary Range: base salary annually, commensurate with experience.
Location: Remote within the EU; various office locations
- Have the following operating hours: Monday through Friday, 9AM – 6PM local time. Be available for after-hours or weekend work in urgent incident response scenarios
- Established experience in operating in SOC environment, either through relevant experience or qualifications is required
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining a SIEM
- Knowledge of cloud architectures, particularly AWS
- Provide expertise in a supporting capacity for incident response activities and digital forensics state preservation, including the capture and preservation of system logs, volatile memory captures, and hard drive (physical or virtual) image captures
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and Bash
- Candidate must be an EU citizen
Nice to haves
- Experience in penetration testing
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies
What We Offer
- Health/Dental/Vision: 100% covered for both the employee and their family
- A flexible and generous time off policy
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Equity and a potential bonus based on company performance
- $225 monthly internet and cell phone stipend
- $1,000 annual technology / marketing budget
- $5,000 annual training/conference budget
- In person and virtual employee events throughout the year
- And of course, company swag!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.