When you join Turnitin, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let’s make change together.
At Turnitin, our people are what sets us apart, and our culture is woven into every aspect of an employee’s journey with us; we spend a considerable amount of time at work, and at Turnitin, we want to ensure that experience is the best it can be. It’s more than cool perks, it’s about creating intentional connections between Turnitin and our employees, and between colleagues, particularly as we operate with a “Remote First” philosophy.
The role of Culture Specialist sits on our Talent Development & Culture Team, which is part of our People Team. You will play a pivotal role in co-creating a workplace environment that empowers employees, enhances collaboration, reflects our Turnitin Values; creating a culture of inclusion and belonging globally. This is achieved through partnership with key stakeholders, such as our Employee Resource Groups, and Great Place to Work teams, leadership, and the wider People Team.
- Be a story teller and curator of our culture, and champion of engagement
- Support the embedding of our Culture Champion groups; our regional GP2W (Great Place to Work) teams and ERGs (Employee Resource Groups)
- Own the relationship with our employee recognition tool, ReachDesk
- Maintain our employee onboarding system, Enboarder
- Own several of our internal culture initiatives, such as; Turnitin UNPlugged, Quarterly Values Awards, our Life@Turnitin intranet channel, and our Turnitin Trendsetters community
- Support the further embedding of our values and norms, weaving into our day to day practices and ways of operating
- Brings the outside in, in a way that makes sense for Turnitin; ie. keeps track of best practice and innovation in the culture space, and comes with recommendations as to how these could be put into practice at Turnitin
- 1-2+ years of relevant employee engagement experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong project management skills- with the proven ability to work across several projects at one time/competing priorities
- Self-starter, proactive, and highly accountable and resourceful
- Ability to put into practice our value of “Global Mindset” and able to demonstrate cultural dexterity- previous experience of working in a global company would be preferable, but not essential
- Lifelong learner- continually learning about and staying connected to what’s new in culture work
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all locations (globally) and levels of the business
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily — solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This is what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation – whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces, or hybrid.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric – We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning – We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity – We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership – We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team – We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset – We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.