Birmingham City University
View All Vacancies
Marketing & Communications Department
Location: University House
£28,512 to £30,992
Posted On: Thursday 12 January 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 05 February 2023
Thursday 16 February 2023
We are searching for an enthusiastic and creative CRM Officer, with a tenacious eye for detail and a deep understanding of how to engage our target markets, including the ultra-competitive 17–24-year-old audience.
As part of a newly expanded CRM team, the post holder will be crucial to ensuring the success of our CRM strategy, delivering our best stories about the University and its subjects straight to our enquirers and applicants. Reporting to the CRM Manager, the Officer will be responsible for ensuring our campaigns are full of engaging and high-quality content that tells a compelling story and serves a need that the applicant or enquirer has. The post holder will also be confident reviewing data on the performance of campaigns in order to identify where we need to improve or where something is working particularly well.
You’ll be comfortable working across teams in the department to ensure a compelling cycle of communications is planned and delivered to the audience and meets the needs of the University. Whether that is driving applications or acceptances of offers, you’ll be able to interpret data to understand how the communications are contributing to our goals.
- Reporting to the CRM Manager, you will take a key role in planning, producing, proofreading, delivering and analysing focused, effective and engaging campaign content to a database of undergraduate and postgraduate enquirers and applicants as well as other influencers such as parents and agents.
- You will assist in carrying out the CRM strategy for the cycle of Open Days, application deadlines and Clearing, will work on tailored subject specific emails to encourage conversion and also work with other teams within the department on their CRM communication plans, ensuring that deadlines are met, that there is no crossover in content to any one audience and that audiences receive tailored content to their subject and stage of the cycle.
- Creation and administration of content to be emailed to prospective students using the CRM system, acting as a liaison with other Departments/Faculties in the creation of quality finished material.
- The maintenance of the CRM database, ensuring that segmented groups are accurate and checked.
- Set and monitor standards for content produced, hosted by or used in the University.
- Regularly review the performance of our content and communication plans by interpreting and reporting on statistics and supporting market research.
The successful post holder:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is an advantage, although in-depth use of any CRM system is essential as you will help to ensure that the contact data held on the system is up-to-date and collected correctly. This will include understanding how to segment within the database and being able to uncover and correct any issues that arise.
- You will have creative copywriting skills and strong proofreading experience, with the ability to change tone of voice depending on the audience, and the ability to professionally feedback any copy changes to colleagues.
- Be able to track, analyse and report on the effectiveness of CRM campaigns using quantitative research from email results.
- As you will be dealing with high levels of personal data, a knowledge of GDPR is essential, as is ensuring its compliance within our data.
- Experience of HTML coding and use of a CMS system would be an advantage.
You will be joining an ambitious Marketing and Communications team, responsible for attracting students to study with us at a hugely exciting period in the Birmingham City University story. We are a major part of the transformation of Birmingham, with a £340m investment in two superb campuses right at the heart of this great city. With an ambitious Vice-Chancellor in post, alongside a high profile Chancellor, Sir Lenny Henry, there has never been a better time to be part of Birmingham City University.
In return we offer a generous pension and annual leave provision. We also operate a hybrid working model that allows staff to combine on-site and remote working where appropriate, dependent on work duties. We also provide access to excellent facilities on campus, including supportive family friendly policies.
When completing your application, please ensure you attach a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter. You are advised to remove personal details from these documents, including your name.
BCU Values underpin how we work in achieving the ambitions set out in our Strategy and Priorities, and are the principles that unite the way we work together and for our students.
The University is committed to internationalism and diversity and welcomes applications from all countries, faiths and backgrounds.
It is each individual successful applicants responsibility to ensure that they have permission to work in the UK. Some applicants may require sponsorship from the University and a visa from UKVI to take up the role if successful. More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Some roles are not capable of sponsorship because they do not meet the UKVI criteria relating to skill and salary level. If you are unsure as to whether you would require sponsorship if successful, or whether the role is capable of sponsorship, please contact us: [email protected]
Please note on occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. If this does happen, we will contact all candidates via email who have started but not yet completed their application, giving 48 hours’ notice. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
At Birmingham City University we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All staff are expected to understand and enact the University’s commitment to ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion in our employment practice and in all that we do . This commitment is enshrined in our Core Values and is detailed in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Employment Policy. The University values and celebrates the diversity of our staff and students; we welcome people from the many different backgrounds and life experiences that reflect the students and the citizens we serve. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and actively encourage unique contributions, in particular from under-represented groups in respect of age, disability, sex, gender or gender identity, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or transgender status
Birmingham City University (‘BCU’) is committed to protecting your personal data and being transparent about what we do with your personal data. One of the ways we do this is through our privacy notices. For further information please click here .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.