North Wales Rivers Trust
This is a pivotal position, focusing on our complex programmes of work which need to engage a
wide range of stakeholders ranging from Government and policy, water companies, consultancies
and finance sector, eNGOs, local partnerships, schools, universities and volunteers. To provide
Stakeholder Engagement support to all of our projects 1) Prosiect Torgoch 2) Freshwater Pearl
Mussels 3) Floating Wetland 4) River guardians programme. You will be supported by the existing
Rivers Trust Project officers, who are home based across North Wales.
Whilst environmental and freshwater knowledge and experience would be desirable, we are looking
for someone who can provide professional and effective stakeholder engagement coordination, to
ensure efficiency in realising our projects’ objectives in line with our charitable
This is an exciting opportunity to join a welcoming team within a thriving movement, and to
make a meaningful personal contribution to environmental protection and improvement.
It’s a home-based role, though the job holder will be required to travel. We offer
flexibility around working hours – time off in lieu is also available. We are happy to make
adjustments for people with disabilities and/or caring responsibilities, and we welcome
applications from all communities, backgrounds and other circumstances. The successful
candidate will need to be based in North Wales and have the right to work in the United
Kingdom. You must be able to speak Welsh to an intermediate level as you will be working with
Welsh first language schools and partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support development of stakeholder engagement plans across the programmes for external
stakeholders – recognising the specific engagement needs of different stakeholder groups and
alignment possible across the programmes of work.
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement initiatives that promote the programmes objectives, work,
deliver engaging messages, help secure partnerships and enhance stakeholder relationships.
- Work closely with the executive team – CEO & Project Officers to support key engagement
at the highest level across the programmes.
- Prepare and support workshops, roundtables and forums for stakeholders.
- Coordinate regular updates to stakeholders through agreed communications channels in
collaboration with the teams.
- Work closely with RT team to procure communications support for engagement materials,
across the project partners.
- Support establishing transformational communications messaging across the project partners.
- Develop a stakeholder engagement database and ensure all contact and feedback is logged and
analysed for sentiment tracking.
- Ensure stakeholder responses and requests are communicated to technical teams, for
information and action.
- Work closely with programme and project managers to ensure the engagement plan is meeting
the programme objectives.
- Deliver education programmes and community events such as River Clean ups, habitat and
river surveys, training and water quality campaigns.
- Develop our bilingual film comms such as Voice of the water.
- Support regional and local stakeholder manager/s to build positive working relationships
with key stakeholder cohorts including; statutory and non-statutory organisations, local &
Central Government, MP’s, environmental bodies, industry & community groups, businesses and
other affected parties
- Work collaboratively with all project team members
- Following all Rivers Trust policies including on Health & Safety, EDI, IT, and GDPR.
- Contributing to a respectful and inclusive working culture.
The salary for the job will fall in the range of £24,500-£26,500 per
Initial 15 month contract expected to continue.
To apply, please send your CV and show how you meet the following
- The ability to develop and support significant relationships with a wide range of
stakeholders (e.g. environmental NGO’s, consultants, contractors, water companies, academic and
research institutions, and local and national government bodies.)
- Proven ability to collaborate on cross-functional teams while working remotely.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Designing and executing cross-partner and cross-sector stakeholder engagement.
- An understanding of EDI and how it relates to a role engaging different stakeholder groups
under-represented in the sector.
- Experience working with young people. Preferably an understanding of the National
- Effective communication skills to coordinate senior stakeholders’ meetings and
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement skills in written and oral form bilingual).
- Highly organised with experience of maintaining accurate records of stakeholder engagement
and sentiment tracking.
- Experience of working collaboratively with others at the local and regional level.
- Planning and delivery of workshops, roundtables, meetings and focus groups.
- Experience in determining key issues, how they relate to the relevant stakeholder partners
or communities and what mitigation measures can be implemented to reduce the impacts.
- The ability to speak Welsh to Intermediary Level 4 is essential for this role.
licence and use of their own car for business purposes.
- Fluent in IT skills such as Microsoft
and Google Drive applications.
Desirables but not essential, only include these if you have them:
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of Nature-based Solutions in river environments.
- Knowledge of impacts of climate change and mitigation measures.
- Experience working with corporate partners.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter explaining their
qualifications, experiences, and motivation for the role to email@example.com by the application
deadline. As this role involves community engagement please also send a bilingual video clip
presentation, explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for this role. Videos to be sent
via wetransfer to the above email address.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this internship posting.