Do you have:
- A passion for disciple-making among unreached people
- Experience in community development, engineering and/or construction
- The ability and desire to live and work overseas
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural issues
- A willingness to work with local partners on a multi-cultural team
- A tolerance for uncertainty
- Imagination to see and exploit opportunities that may arise
- The ability and desire to go to the field now (within 1 year).
- This is an unpaid position. You will be required to raise your own financial support, be self-funded, or use a combination of the two.
- A commitment to serving long-term in this position
- A willingness to learn the local language (Spanish)
- A willingness to complete the minimum training
- And are in agreement with our Statement of Faith
We are looking for community development workers who will join a local Reach Beyond team to serve among the people groups of Ecuador. Local language learning is required. Activities will seek to provide solutions to some of the physical needs and problems identified by village communities, using materials and tools easily accessible to village people. This often involves building and testing appropriate technology solutions, such as engineering-based solutions to water supply and pumping, fuel-efficient heating and cooking, sanitation, alternative energy and other areas of technology, as well as training local people through seminars and demonstrations.
If you think this could be for you, please contact us so that we can talk further.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.