Stichting BirdLife Europe & Central Asia
BirdLife Europe and Central Asia is a Partnership of 44 national conservation organisations and a leader in bird and habitat conservation. We use our unparalleled bird science to inform world-class conservation around the planet designed to tackle the global biodiversity and climate crises in concrete ways.
Working in a small, dynamic team, the Communications Officer will work to deliver the campaigning, creative, and strategic goals of BirdLife Europe and Central Asia. You will be the designated communication lead on marine topics, as well as working on nature restoration topics, supporting policy and conservation work. You will play a crucial role in promoting our mission, raising awareness about nature conservation and restoration, as well as engaging stakeholders through effective communication strategies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years of political communications experience for an environmental NGO or similar;
- A proven track record in creating compelling written and visual content for a wide range of audiences;
- A passion for nature, wildlife, and sustainability;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines;
- A curiosity about new communication trends and a drive to learn about new tools and ways of working;
- Knowledge of EU decision-making processes;
- Flawless knowledge of written English, other European languages are an asset.
The main duties of the Communications Officer are to:
- Create engaging and impactful content for various communication channels, including website, social media, newsletters, press releases, and other relevant platforms;
- Be the designated communication officer on specific marine, as well as nature restoration topics, supporting policy and conservation work;
- Support BirdLife Partners in the production of communication products to be used at national level;
- Develop high-quality visual and multimedia materials, including videos, pictures, infographics, and photographs;
- Support the implementation of the BirdLife Europe communications and campaigning strategies and initiatives;
- Organizing and promoting events, campaigns, and advocacy initiatives;
- Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications projects and events, in cooperation with relevant colleagues in BirdLife Europe and the partnership;
- Follow and explore the latest communication trends;
- Collaborate with the BirdLife International secretariat to amplify each other’s messages, and to ensure consistent branding and messaging across all communication channels;
- Travel outside of Belgium to workshops and meetings.
What we offer:
- A full-time, one-year position (renewable);
- Salary 42 000 – 48 000 euros gross annually, depending on experience + benefits, including: Prime de Fin D’année, Double Pécule de Vacances, lunch vouchers, travel reimbursement.
The position is based in Brussels, Belgium. BirdLife offers a hybrid workplace model where presence in the office is required at least twice per week.
You must hold the right to work in Belgium or the EU.
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
- Attach your CV and a cover letter (Word or pdf format) explaining your motivation for the position. Examples of previous work are welcome but not required;
- Send your applications to [email protected] marking your application with “Communications Officer” in the subject line;
- Send your application no later than the 4th of June 23:59 CEST. Applications received after the closing date will be automatically discarded.
Date of the interviews: 14 June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BirdLife values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Find out more about our Diversity statement. We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture, a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We aim to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We will consider putting into place appropriate reasonable adjustments for candidates who may have a disability.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.