World Food Programme
Change Management and Business Innovation Project Manager (Roster)
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Change Management and Business Innovation Project Manager, United Nations World Food Programme
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Over the past years the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has responded to an unprecedented level of emergencies, while maintaining ongoing operations. This increased demand stretches the organization which means WFP has to find new approaches and ways of working to ensure we are channelling every available resource to the people we serve.
The Change Management and Business Innovation Unit (BIU) was established in 2015 to manage change and to promote innovation as part of WFP’s Innovation and Knowledge Management division:
- BIU acts as the “advisory arm” of WFP
- BIU is composed of staff with top-tier management consulting backgrounds (e.g. Bain, BCG, McKinsey) as well as UN experience
We execute projects on behalf of Executive Directors, Assistant Secretary Generals, and Directors across the UN system, and have become a trusted advisor to WFP and other entities (e.g. UN Women, UNFPA, Business Innovation Group). Our focus is on end-to-end solutions, including problem assessment, data analysis, operational model design, change plan and implementation monitoring.
ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: * Execution of Business Innovation projects
- Overall Innovation and Change Management priorities
- Being part of the BIU leadership team
- Other activities
Depending on time of joining, the candidate’s specific experience and current corporate priorities, the candidate will be responsible for the delivery of one/ two projects at a time. Examples of specific deliverables are:
- Corporate Executive Director, Board and divisional key initiatives
- Advise Division Chief/ Directors on prioritization of key corporate initiatives
- Lead discussions with team members and other divisions to align on objectives, activities, timelines and outputs
- Lead analytical and project management support
- UN Reform: Guide UN Reform implementation inside the WFP and part of an inter-agency project team
- Advise UNDCO on how to perform data collection (e.g., producing/updating data collection template, preparing and leading training sessions for all participating UN entities, supporting data missions in countries, etc.);
- Lead a team to carry out analysis and visualizations to drive insights and enable CBO Project Team to make data-driven decisions
- Drive communication efforts on UN Reform
- Additional divisional needs
- As part of the BIU leadership team, be responsible for driving knowledge management reviews and best practices sharing, hiring, developing and retaining members of the BIU team
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries
- Additional project support based on pipeline and new projects contracted during time of contract, as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Preference for a degree in business, economics or engineering
At least six years of work experience in management consulting, change management, investment banking or private equity. Additional previous experience in an international organization necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Broad knowledge and/or experience of change management and business innovation.
- Broad knowledge of best practices, techniques for process optimization processes (e.g. optimization of strategic planning, sourcing, logistics, finance processes, performance management, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and methodologies for developing new strategies and drive efficiencies
- Expert written and oral communications skills and ability to speak to various audiences.
- Advanced analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative: ability to perform advanced analysis in excel and produce high-quality written materials, including powerpoint presentations as well as text documents;
- Self-starter with proven ability to meet tight deadlines, adapt in a rapidly changing environment and pay close attention to details;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with different teams and clients, maintaining positive working relationships.
- Ability to identify client’s need and match them to appropriate and innovative solutions.
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the UN World Food Programme.
In addition to a high proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of a
second UN language is a plus.
WFP supports Visa applications and the position is based in Rome, Italy.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Wed, 31 Jan 2024 05:55:25 GMT
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.