In this position you are involved within the SCALEXA project “FlexFMM”.
The topics concern all aspects of algorithm and datastructure design for parallelization:
- Design, develop and extend optimal data structures to support sparsity
- Extend the vectorization layer to support SVE
- Extend and adapt our Fast Multipole Method (FMM) library to emerging Exascale hardware
- Modularize and modernize the existing C++11 code base
- You hold a Masters Degree or PhD in computer science or a related discipline
- You have at least five years of experience with modern C++
- You have experience with extending/refactoring large C++ code bases
- You have a good understanding of modern HPC hardware
- You do not shy away from functional programming or template metaprogramming
- Designing efficient, performance-portable algorithms and datastructure is what you like to do
- You are interested in all aspects of parallelization, e.g. vectorization, tasking, message passing
- You have good communication skills for collaborative work in and with international teams
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
- Embedding your work in an interdisciplinary and international research environment within the SCALEXA project “FlexFMM”
- Exciting challenges at one of the largest HPC centers in Europe
- Interdisciplinary collaboration in and with international, dedicated and collegial teams
- Excellent scientific equipment and the latest technology, e.g. with the upcoming Exascale supercomputer
- Qualified support by scientific colleagues
- Comprehensive training courses and individual opportunities for personal and professional further development
- Extensive company health management
- Ideal conditions for balancing work and private life, as well as a family-friendly corporate policy
- Flexible work (location) arrangements, e.g. remote work
- Flexible working hours in a full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours,
- 30 days of annual leave and provision for days off between public holidays and weekends (e.g. between Christmas and New Year)
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
We offer you an exciting and varied role in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. The position is initially for a fixed term of 3 years. Salary and social benefits will conform to the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks assigned to them.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.