Handicap International / Humanité & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity association, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside people with disabilities and the vulnerable, it acts and speaks out to meet their basic needs and improve their living conditions. It is committed to promoting respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Since its creation in 1982, HI has set up development programmes in more than 59 countries and intervenes in many emergency situations. Today, we have a budget of approximately 230 million euros, with 4705 employees worldwide.
At Handicap International, we firmly believe in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organisation. This is why we are committed to a disability policy to encourage the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities.
Please indicate if you need any special accommodation, including to participate in the first interviews.
Find more information about the association: www.hi.org.
Reporting to the Innovation Impact & Information Department, this position is in line with Handicap International’s ambition to make innovation a key driver of its added value. In close collaboration with the operational departments (but not limited to), the innovation development officer will strive to create an internal context that encourages innovation and risk-taking.
It will organise the internal and external promotion of innovations to change mentalities, encourage initiatives and the scaling up of conclusive tests; an acceptance of failures as a driving force for successes.
Among the levers to be activated, it will ensure that the organisation’s capacity for innovation is expanded through external alliances and open innovation.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION :
In this context, your main tasks and responsibilities are as follows
Mission 1: Strategy and management
Responsibility 1: Contributes to the strategy of the 3I Directorate. Proposes a 3-year action plan for the development of innovation.
- Proposes development areas for innovation and defines key monitoring indicators.
- Identifies and reports to the Director of 3I any information or difficulties that may contribute to the improvement of systems. Initiates problem-solving processes where necessary.
- Contributes to the steering of the Innovation unit’s performance
Mission 2: Standards and expertise
Responsibility 2: Sets the framework and promotes good practice in the development of innovation in our working context.
- Develops, deploys and improves documentation and materials to ensure the development of innovation in the programmes and at headquarters.
- Ensures consistency and complementarity of approaches and tools between the different components of MEAL, MI and Project Management.
- It ensures that the approaches and tools developed are well matched to the needs of the users in the programmes. It works on the basis of what is necessary and ensures that an acceptable level of simplicity is maintained for all programmes.
Mission 3: Development of innovation projects
Responsibility 4: Promotes and supports internal innovation initiatives.
- Contributes to the monitoring of the HI Innovation Fund and coordinates proposals for an annual innovation challenge.
- Coordinate and help move innovative ideas from conception to the realisation of a minimum viable product (MVP) and then the realisation of a proof of concept (POC)
- Assists project leaders in the elaboration of their development and testing plan. Ensures the identification of SMART result indicators to validate the tests.
Responsibility 5: Ensure the conditions for replication of successful Proofs of Concept and scaling up.
- Supports technical teams in defining business models to support innovative approaches.
- Working closely with the MEAL and research teams facilitates the design of rigorous monitoring protocols that demonstrate the added value of the proposed approaches.
- Advises teams on the development of communications materials for programmes.
- Working closely with the Institutional Funding team, facilitates the development of relationships with donors and approaches new ones.
- Contributes to the design of major projects in close collaboration with the geographical divisions to develop projects with proven innovation.
Responsibility 6: Coordinates the development of technological research.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with various stakeholders and partners (academic, operational, private)
- Proposes and coordinates the work programme with the “Innovation for Humanity” Foundation with the INSA group
- Monitors the technological needs expressed by HI teams in the field to reinforce their impact.
Mission 4: Influence and communication
Responsibility 7: Management of internal and external communication
- Identifies donors, networks, partners, NGOs, influential groups in their sectors
- Promotes HI’s work to professional and institutional networks
- Develops communication materials for internal and external audiences in order to raise awareness of the innovation work carried out by HI.
Mission 5: Skills Development and Management
Responsibility 8: Support and train technical and operational teams (and partners) to foster the development of innovation
- Identifies training/awareness needs, drafts training content
- Coordinates external speakers or provides training for teams/partners on key concepts around innovation.
- Trains and supports the technical and 3I management teams in the specificities of innovation management.
- You have 3 years experience in the humanitarian sector
- You have a degree in humanitarian development and a first experience in humanitarian innovation
- You have already set up and run workshops
- You have a good theoretical and practical grasp of key innovation concepts, tools and approaches
- You have good support and coaching skills
- You are adaptable and agile
- You are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken
ACCESSIBILITY OF THE WORKPLACE :
The position is located in an open space, with cubicles available for more peace and quiet if necessary, and the work area is very bright. The position is easily accessible by public transport (bus, metro). A car park is also available. The building is equipped with lifts and access ramps.
A disability advisor is on hand to answer your questions and to help you with your application. Depending on your needs, the position can be adapted.
CONDITIONS OF THE POST :
- Executive status with a fixed day rate: with 9.5 weeks of holidays/time off
- Restaurant vouchers,
- Employer’s mutual insurance company,
- Advantageous telework agreement,
- Many sports and social activities are offered on our premises
How to apply
Only online by attaching a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Applications are processed on an ongoing basis, so don’t wait to apply!
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For more information about the association: www.hi.org