International Organization for Migration
For more information, please visit https://eea.iom.int/careers
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Resource Management Officer of RO Brussels and direct supervision of the Senior Regional Resource Management Assistant (SRRMA), the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out administrative and financial tasks of the IOM Regional Office Brussels, with a particular focus on Accounting functions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Encode the daily financial transactions, processing account payables in the accounting system for the Regional Office and/or other IOM Country Offices within the EEA Region; verify invoices and ensure they are complete and correct from financial and accounting point of view.
- Ensure the daily financial transactions are registered accurately; ensure that full supporting documentation is available to document each accounting transaction. Ensure all internal approvals are properly obtained as per the practices of the office prior processing account payables in PRISM.
- Maintain financial records and monitor systems to record and reconcile local expenditures, balances, payments and other data for day-to-day transactions.
- Verify that Travel Expense Claims (TEC) processed by the Regional Office are complete, correct and adjusted correctly, if necessary. Ensure final approval is obtained before preparing the related accounting documents for payment.
- Provide technical assistance and help to staff and consultants on projectization, travel (TDY), procurement and relevant accounting process.
- Assist with the timely preparation of the monthly accounts. Follow up on accounts clearing and maintenance, ensuring accurate preparation of accounts as per IOM’s instructions.
- Ensure monthly clearing of suspense accounts and follow-up with relevant parties regarding the deposit/guaranty accounts.
- Follow-up open purchase orders (PO) status and inform the SRRMA and Heads of Units on a monthly basis.
- Assist in monitoring budget versus actual financial data in relation to the implementation of the Office’s operational activities, as assigned. Assist in the preparation of financial reports, collection and preparation of audit documentation for the Mission’s projects as and when required.
- Provide general support to the Resources Management Team in the absence of other colleagues in the Finance Unit.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
For more informtion on the minimum requirements and how to apply for this position, please visit https://eea.iom.int/careers
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.