Are you a Team Leader that would like to be involved in a project supporting our Armed Forces Veterans? Then we need you!
Here at Shared Services Connected Limited we are on the lookout for Team Leaders to join our organisation to support our veterans within our Defence Business Service. The mission is to work through thousands of backlogged pension cases. Providing a comprehensive pension re-assessment processing service to service personnel who are leaving or who have left the Navy, Army or Royal Air Force. This is a significant and varied role where maintaining confidentiality is needed.
These are 24-month fixed term contracted positions based at our site in the centre of Glasgow.
Managing up a team of up to 20 administrators, within a tight knit team who are always on hand to offer support and guidance to one another. The roles are full-time – 37.5 hours per week, with the option to work those hours flexibly Monday through to Friday 7am-7pm, (consideration for compressed working week).
Experience of working within the financial sector is beneficial, but not entirely essential. We are looking for candidates who are used to working in a team within an office-based environment. Have the ability to follow processes, work with complicated data and have a keen eye for detail.
What you will be doing?
- Manage team to deliver high quality work to agreed processes, timescales and quality requirements
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of output
- To check and authorise processes
- Deliver training to team members
- Work with a broad customer base
- Identify and implement improvements
- Collect and provide statistical data/reports as directed by senior management
What you’ll bring?
- Experience of allocating work and resource planning
- IT literate including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Great interpersonal skills and proficient in communicating at all levels
- Ability to set and achieve performance targets
It would be great if you had:
- Previous experience of managing teams
- Previous experience of creating new business processes
- Pension sector experience
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment type: Full-time, PermanentLocation: GlasgowSecurity Clearance Level: Eligible to undergo the SC Vetting processInternal Recruiter: ChloeSalary: £25,000 plus a 3% flex fundBenefits: 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, paid volunteering days life assurance (4 x death in service), pension, up to £500 annual bonus and generous flexible benefits fund.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about SSCL?
SSCL is a leader in critical business support services for the largest Government departments, Defence, Police and CITB across the UK. We provide digital solutions and Innovation and Advisory services to improve end to end employee services including HR & Payroll, Finance, Procurement, Pensions Administration and Resourcing Services – enhancing the customer experience, enabling smarter public services.We employ more than 2,800 people who, with their in-depth client knowledge and our collaborative approach, sit at the heart of our business strategy. SSCL operates at size and scale across the UK Public Sector and has already delivered savings c£400 million – providing more funds for front line public services.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.