Applications can be submitted via this link until 28 September:
- Type of traineeship: Accounting Traineeship (CF/AFC)
- Location: Brussels (The selected candidate must reside either at this location or within a reasonable proximity that allows for the satisfactory execution of their duties). – Information about living in Brussels
- Assignment: CF/AFC – Agency Financial Control Unit
- Publication date: 07/09/2023
- Closing date: 28/09/2023 (23:59 Brussels time)
Within the Directorate Central Route Charges Office and Finance, the Agency Financial Control Unit deals with all accounting and internal controls activities related to the Air Navigation Charges systems, in accordance with, inter alia, the Multilateral Agreement relating to Route Charges, the applicable Financial Regulations and Conditions of Application of the Route Charges System.
The accounting Section of the Central Route Charges Office (CRCO) is a team of seven colleagues with different profiles and nationalities where everybody is valued for their input and work. We manage the accounting for the multilateral system for route charges and 21 bi-lateral agreements for terminal charges.
To do so, the service works closely with States, Air Navigation Service Providers, airspace users (airlines), and banks.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
The purpose of the traineeship is to participate to the daily accounting tasks of the Central Route Charges Office.
We believe in giving opportunities to young people who are seeking an on-the-job training experience that will enable them to acquire real-life work experience where they can apply and increase the knowledge acquired in the course of your studies.
What you can expect:
- Real-life tasks and responsibilities
- Perfect chance to apply and improve your knowledge and skills with regular feedback.
- An international environment where everybody is different and valued.
MAIN LEARNING OBJECTIVES & TASKS
Concretely, this is what you will be doing:
- Help allocate payments received from airspace users (airlines) to air navigation charges bills issued by the Central Route Charges Office;
- Assist in the recording of payment advices into the system;
- Reconcile airspace user accounts and report anomalies (e.g. under- or over-payments, or payments into the wrong bank accounts);
- Contribute to the preparation of financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Help review layout of the official CRCO Financial Statements in line with IFRS and internal Financial Regulations
From 6 to 12 months.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting;
- Good analytical skills;
- Experience of accounting software(s) would be an advantage ;
- Good knowledge of MS-Excel and basic knowledge of other standard Office applications;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Team work: displays a collaborative approach;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, thorough knowledge of English is required, minimum C1 spoken & written.
- You are a national of one of the EUROCONTROL or ECAC Member States;
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree, and you are about to graduate or have recently graduated. If you are a recent graduate, the traineeship should start within 12 months of obtaining your latest degree;
- You must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of your traineeship;
- You must be unemployed at the start date of your traineeship at EUROCONTROL;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For a traineeship, you must have an excellent command of English. A knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.