- London, United Kingdom
- Up to £12 per hour
- Start Date:
- Contract Period:
- 4 months
- Main Industry:
- Search Education & Training Jobs
- Other Industries & Skills:
- Teaching – Higher and Further Education
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 04 January 2024
Are you seeking a flexible part-time role that can accommodate your schedule? If so, consider exploring this exciting new opportunity! Randstad Student & Support is currently seeking dedicated and dependable individuals to collaborate with students at the University of Roehampton, offering notetaking support starting from January 2024
In the role of a notetaker, you will play a vital role in assisting students with disabilities whilst also benefiting from the opportunity to learn something new every day. Your responsibilities will involve attending various lectures and seminars, accurately documenting notes for students who face challenges in taking their own notes due to their disabilities. This role is not only fulfilling but also contributes to fostering an inclusive academic environment
– Flexible working hours
– E-learning and CPD
– 28 days holiday pay pro-rata
– GBP12 per hour – you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
– Working for the UK’s leading provider
– Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
Providing note taking support to students suffering from disabilities/mental health conditions your responsibilities will include:
– Producing accurate and legible notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials, and group tasks
– Reviewing notes at the end of the lecture and ensuring that they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
– Maintaining a professional role as a notetaker and being aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
– Acting in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
– You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
-Must be available Monday-Thursday
– Have neat handwriting – able to produce notes in a legible and presentable manner
– Good typing skills – preferable
– Accurate spelling and grammar skills
– Punctuality and reliability
– You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
– Good organisational skills
– Ideally, you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
– Degree (Desirable)
Successful applicants will be invited to take part in a telephone assessment and also interviewed to discuss suitability for the role.
If you would like to start helping make a difference in a student’s academic studies and have the above skills, then apply to this rewarding part-time role!
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.