- Bedford (MK42) – Bedfordshire, South East, United Kingdom
- £24,496 – 31,099 per year
- Main Industry:
- Search Information Technology Jobs
- Ad Warrior
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 04 January 2024
2 nd Line Technician
Salary: A£24496 – A£31,099 per annum
Our client is a successful multi-academy trust founded on its commitment to people and communities.
Their proven approach over more than a decade has elevated them to a respected and admired academy trust, a national leader in education and a source of great pride to the communities they serve. The Trust currently operates 28 schools across Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire and has forged strong links within all these communities.
The Trust have an exciting opportunity to join their expanding team as a 2nd Line IT Technician within their Core IT Team. This key role will primarily be dealing with 1st, 2nd line and escalated IT support issues from colleagues across the Trust, supporting your colleagues and assisting staff and students with IT issues. The Trust are committed to high quality professional development and career opportunities for all staff
This role will be based at:
* Stratton Upper School – SJ18 8JB
* Lincroft Academy – MK43 7RE
* A great chance to be responsible 2nd Line IT issues that 1st Line technicians are unable to resolve
* Provide strong professional advice to promote the Trust brand
* Working as part of a small, dedicated team you will be responsible for the maintenance, upgrades and availability of central and localised systems allocated to your team.
* You will make a major contribution to the successful implementation and support of the IT systems managed by the Trust’s IT services team, ensuring the smooth running of the systems and strive to assist all users to operate at optimum efficiency in the delivery of ICT.
The Ideal Candidate
* Have Experience of administering computer systems & networks (Change logs, backup, Anti-Virus checks and general updates)
* Have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
* Possess excellent and up-to-date knowledge and experience of network fault finding
* Be a team player, with a ‘can do’ solution focused attitude
* Possess outstanding communication skills and personal integrity
* Free on-site parking
* Eyecare vouchers
* Access to a free Employee Assistance Programme, offering mental health and wellbeing support
* Cycle to work scheme
* Reduced staff membership to the facilities at Academy Leisure, Sawtry
* Free tea and coffee making facilities
* Generous sick pay and annual leave
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable Multi-Academy Trust, then please proceed through the following link to be redirected to their website where you can complete your application.
Applications closing date: 12/01/2024
Interviews will be arranged on an individual basis.
The Trust reserves the right to close applications before the advertised end date if a suitable applicant is found.
The Trust is committed to diversity and inclusion and equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to pre-employment checks, including an enhanced check with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS), as well as social media checks.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesineu.com) you saw this job posting.